Friday, October 24: Revelation 10- No more delay.

John’s Revelation grows more symbolic, but clearly is building toward God’s climax. The announcement of this chapter serves to set up the seventh trumpet. This momentary interlude heightens the suspense and emphasizes the pronouncement of the Lord God upon the blowing of the seventh trumpet, There will be no more delay! (6).

The time is coming and will come when God will set in motion the final things… judgment of sin, wrath upon those who have rejected God and lived in rebellion, and salvation of those who believe.

There will be no more delay… these words shutter in my soul. As wonderful as salvation will be for me and those who believe, it will be equally terrible for those who do not.

What, O God, is my best role to help trumpet Your name and salvation while there is still time? What, O Lord, do You need me to do before that day? What, Lord God, is my role in extending Your name to the ends of the earth?

Speak, Lord, Your servant is listening…

Through Christ, I listen and I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment