Wednesday, October 1: Esther 7- .

In Esther’s drama, the first wave of judgment is set upon Haman, the enemy of God’s people.

I wish that this was universally true, but it isn’t. As I write. evil is still being perpetrated on God’s people around the world. In Iraq ISIS is targeting Christians with the Arabic letter N, causing them to flee, pay an extortion fee, convert or be killed. Likely the most harsh, severe and open persecution today, this is only one such case worldwide.

Will God not fight for us as He did for His people in Esther’s day? I cannot answer that question and others which come to mind. I do know that whether in this world or the next God will punish those who do not serve and love Him.

Haman’s judgment and death is a reminder to me that God has the last word. Between now and then I am called to live as Esther and Mordecai did, faithfully exposing evil and working for good all the days the Lord gives me. And as I live this way, God will place me in places and positions were I can glorify God and tell others about the relationship I have with Him explaining what the difference serving and loving the Lord has made in my life.

I follow Jesus, the Nazarene.  I stand with all who do and I pray that my life makes a difference for good and for God in this world.

Lord, I pray for persecuted brothers and sisters World Wide. For those in the Middle East. For those in Africa, Asia and around the world. Hear my prayers for them.  Lord, give me practical ways to stand with them and call the world to stop the holocausts and persecutions. In the name of Jesus, the Nazarene I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment