Thursday, October 2: Esther 8- A move of God.

I was attracted to the final sentence of the chapter. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them (17b).

It hit me… a move of God will bring people into connection and relationship with God Himself. A move of God will bring people to repentance and recognition that the Lord God is in fact the Lord God Almighty, the one and only God of the universe! A move of God will bring people to the Lord by faith!

I think this is the first time I really saw this sentence. So often I focus on how God saved His people, which He did. But God did so much more. God used the situation to proclaim His name so that others would see Him and put their faith in Him!

God wants people from every tongue and nation and tribe and language to worship Him and this entire incident brought that closer to its completion. Persians and people of the vast Persian Empire came face to face with the Lord and some put their trust in Him.

Amen. Alleluia!

Lord, I pray for a move of God in my town. A move where You do something for Your people or with Your people or through Your people that results in MANY more people becoming Your people. Lord, use my church, use my neighbors’ churches, use every church to birth Your move of God to bring people to You.

Advance Your kingdom, Oh, Lord my God…

I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment