Saturday, October 18: Revelation 5- The Lion who is a Lamb Slain.

Although his name, Jesus, is never used in this chapter, the imagery is unmistakable… Lion of the tribe of Judah (5), lamb who looking as if he were slain (6)… you were slain and with your blood you purchased for God persons from tribe and language and people and nations (9). You cannot miss this as a definition of Jesus.

Jesus is now worshiped and praised as the Father on the throne in chapter 4 was worshiped and praised.

I sat with images, thoughts and meditations of Jesus bounding around my head. Jesus, my Lord and my God! Jesus, Savior of all who believe. Jesus, son of man and son of God. Alpha and Omega. Jesus…

What a marvelous way to start a day and to start the day before I will gather with my faith community and worship Jesus, the Father and the Spirit.

Praise the name of Jesus. Praise the name of Jesus. He’s my rock. He’s my deliverer. He’s my fortress. Praise the name of Jesus…

Thou art worthy. Thou art worthy to receive glory, glory and honor and power…

Jesus, name above all names…

Praising Jesus… praising Jesus…

Halleluiah, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment