Friday, October 17: Revelation 4- A glimpse of heaven.

There are any number of “visions and ideas” of heaven that have made the rounds. One I can trust is here in the Book of the Revelation of John. As part of the Holy Bible it is trustworthy and true. This I know.

And what I thought about as I read this chapter is that heaven’s focus in on the Lord God Almighty. Whatever else heaven will be, God will be its center and source!!!

The songs of heaven sung in this and the next couple of chapters are so telling. They are all about God and all sung to God. What I notice is that heaven is not about with whom I will be reunited  or whom I will meet or even what questions I will have answered. The focus in heaven will not be “I”, it will be on God.

The host of heaven sang:

“ ‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’

who was, and is, and is to come.”

And then to God they sang:

“You are worthy, our Lord and God,

to receive glory and honor and power,

for you created all things,

and by your will they were created and have their being.”

When our salvation is complete and I (we) get to heaven, God will be our focus… for eternity will be in the presence of perfection, wonder, beauty, love, power, honor and glory. And I will join the heavenly chorus…

Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’…

 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,

to receive glory and honor and power,

for you created all things,

Halleluiah, Amen!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment