Wednesday, October 15: Revelation 2- Oh Church.

Oh, Church, we are such a mixed bag, much good and much that doesn’t live up to the name of our Father or Savior. ‘Yet’ and ‘nevertheless’ are words we don’t want to hear. I praise you yet… You have stood... nevertheless I hold this against you…

Like the churches to which John writes, we –the Church today– are mixed bags. Parts of our lives are faithful and strong. Other parts are not…

I began thinking about some of my nevertheless-es… I have much to work on and much in my life that still needs sanctification.

Lord, help me. I wonder if I would listen if You wrote me a direct letter like these. And yet, each day I sit and listen for You to speak from Your Word and Spirit.

I pray, Lord, that I am growing and maturing in You… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment