Monday, August 24: Ephesians 1- Loved.

I was gripped immediately by 2 words… In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will… (4b-5).

Love motivated God to adopt us. Love drove Jesus to come. Love is why the Holy Spirit marks us.

In love, out of love, because of love, driven/motivated/moved by love, God acted to save us –us being all who are ‘in Christ.’ As Paul goes on to say in verse 13, you (we) were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him …

Believing in Jesus marks our journey of faith and all the fruits of salvation are given to us when we believe.  They are guaranteed by God, the Holy Spirit, who then stamps our adoption papers final and completed!

Believing is the beginning of our faith story and it guarantees our successful end as well because we are marked by God Himself.

I sat and marveled as my salvation… which God did for me IN LOVE. All I needed to do was believe…

The hymn writer wrote centuries ago, O the deep, deep love of Jesus… Yes, it is true. And what is true of Jesus is true for the Father and Spirit as well. We are loved.

Bask in that love today. Believe in God’s love today. Live because of and out of God’s love today and every day.

Think about it.

Lord God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, because You loved me, I am able to love You and others. Because You loved me, I am adopted and bear Your name. Because You love me I have all the blessings I need to do everything You ask and require of me. Because You loved me, my faith is guaranteed by the Spirit. Because You loved me, I can live and live life to the fullest… which means I get to live it for You. Amen. Alleluia.

I want the world to know of Your Love!!! Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment