Wednesday, August 19: Psalm 54- God is with me.

One of my life phrases is ‘stuff happens.’ People hurt us and even turn against us. We get sick or in an accident. Appliances break. Cars need to be repaired. We are misunderstood in a conversation. Things go wrong. We don’t get the promotion or worse, we lose our jobs, etc. etc. etc. Stuff happens.

No matter what happens, God is with us. God is right there standing beside us. God is our ever-present help in times of trouble.

David is in one of those times when stuff is happening. What does he do? David turns to the Lord his God. David cries out to the Lord, Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth (1-2).

Those simple words, David’s honest cry, speak volumes to me about God being with us all the time. And when we need God, He is only a cry away.

We sing a simple song in worship some Sundays titled, Whisper His name. It opens like this:

Whisper His name (Jesus)

Whisper His name (Jesus)

Whisper His name (Jesus)

And He will answer you

 

Whisper His name

Whisper His name

Whisper His name

And He will come to you

 

Call out His name (Jesus)

Call out His name (Jesus)

Call out His name (Jesus)

And He will come to you

 

Shout out His name (Jesus)

Shout out His name (Jesus)

Shout out His name (Jesus)

And He will run to you

Hearing the entire church echo back to the worship leader the name ‘Jesus’ is a powerful moment of worship for me. And the simple truth of this song echoes the truth of this Psalm… when we whisper, call or shout out to our God –Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit –He will answer, come or run to us as the situation warrants!

Lord, God, I am so blessed to serve and be loved by such a caring, protecting, loving God. Thank You, Father! Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Holy Spirit, for always being there… in good times or bad ,You are there with me.

Praise be to You, Lord God! Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment