Tuesday, August 25: Ephesians 2- wonderful truth, Jesus did it.

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ (13).

Those words were spoken to me and every non-Jew in the world. The blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus, the cross of Jesus has repaired the breach sin created and enables all people a way back home into God’s family. Yeah, God! Yeah, Jesus!

Estrangement from God no longer needs to be my (our) lot in life. We can be connected and restored to the relationship we were designed to have when the world was created. We can be forgiven and set free for all bondage and sin that ensnares us. The blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus, the cross of Jesus guarantees this for every person, no matter his/her race or language or color, or nationality, gender, age, education, etcetera, etcetera. All a person needs to do is open their hearts to God’s grace (see 1-10) and believe in Jesus.

What a gift.

I am so thankful for Jesus. I hope and pray you are, too.

Thank You, Jesus, for the cross… for offering Your life, Your blood for me, to pay the penalty for my sins. I love You, Jesus. I really do. And I will serve You with all of my life and energy and intelligence and imagination and love. All glory to the Father, to You, Jesus, and to the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment