Saturday, August 1: Psalm 53- Do you believe in God?.

Really, do you believe in God?

If you do, where do you get your information and what do you do about your belief in God?

If you don’t believe in God, where do you get that information and how does it impact your living?

The psalmist opens with a bold statement: The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good (1).

Hmmm… belief in God will impact how I live.

What the psalmist sees is that those who don’t believe in God live for themselves.  Who cares how it will affect others?

I really didn’t want to ponder evil in our world so I flipped the statement on its head: The wise person says in their heart, “There is God.” They are honorable, and their ways are admirable; they do good.

As one who does believe in God, this is a great way to live… in fact it is the way I should live.

Do I?  Now my real probing and musings begin. Will you join me???

Lord, I pray to You each morning. I believe in You. Show me how You want me to live. For Your name and sake, I pray. To Your name and glory, I pledge my life. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment