Saturday, August 8: Galatians 6- Keep on doing good.

Paul ends his letter with a knock out punch. Verse 12-15 sums up his letter’s main point. What counts is not circumcision and following the Law but being a new creation… through faith in the cross of Christ. This is a great truth to hold onto!

And yet, it was verses 9-10 where my heart was drawn by the Spirit to meditate and ponder. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Being a new creation in Christ impacts and affects how I am to live and verse 9 gives me a plumb line for living… do good for others. Don't give up, do good! Think about others, look out for others, whether believers or non-believers… look to build them up.

As I walk around today, I want my thoughts to be “God, how might I do good to and for the people around me?…”

Lord, Jesus, help me to reflect You as I live today… in the deeds that I do and words that I say. In Your name Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment