Saturday, August 29: Ephesians 6- Every structure committed to Jesus.

The end of yesterday’s reading and the opening of today’s chapter hit me. For the person in Christ, every human structure is to be lived out in a new way, a God honoring manner that reflects God’s values and design.

Marriage; the most basic of family structures find mutual support, love, caring and respect. Each party recognizing marriage is not about oneself, but mutually seeking the good of the other.

Family/children is about bringing the next generation of the human race into being and nurturing them to wholeness in life and in Christ. Human dignity and respect travels both ways appropriately. 

Work, production of goods and services for self and world; slaves made the ancient world run and God said even in that structure there is a godly way filled with honor and dignity. We no longer have slaves but a business world of owners/leaders/managers and workers we can apply similar godly ways of dignity, honor and appropriateness of resources.

As I thought about these things, it hit me that God’s ways should instruct and infect every human structure in which we find ourselves engaged.

If I carry Christ in me, then wherever I am I should bring Christ and His character with me.  Jesus should be guiding me and all believers in how to act within every structure and situation.

Following Jesus is meant to impact every aspect of life… every aspect.

I began thinking where I could bring Jesus today… to my home, work, gym, meetings, friendships… etc., etc.

Lord, may I be an apt and winsome carrier of Jesus everywhere I go today. In Jesus’ name and for the sake of You, my God –Father, Jesus Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment