Monday, August 3: Galatians 1- No other gospel.

Paul is adamant that there is no other gospel other than what he preached and anyone who preachers/teaches another gospel, another way to God, should be eternally condemned. Those are strong words. Paul has not yet explained the Gospel he preached compared to those perverting the gospel but it occurred to me that Paul gave a strong hint with his grace and peace statement in verses 3-5. He writes, Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Paul’s Gospel, the Gospel he received via revelation directly from God, centers on Jesus who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.

Jesus is God’s way of salvation. Jesus rescued those who believed in Him from the present evil age. This was God, the Father’s will, way and plan. And this is the heart of the Gospel. We cannot earn our way to God. We cannot atone for our sins by ourselves. We cannot be rescued by any human plan, ingenuity, dedication or hard work. NO sacrifice or ritual performed by human beings can rescue a single person. Only Jesus who gave himself for our sins can rescue us.

This is the Gospel… this is grace… this is God’s way. Period. There is no other way.

I marveled at the Gospel and at all Jesus did for me… for us… for all who believe. My heart warmed and prayers began to well up in me… Prayers of thanks and wonder.

O, God, I praise You and I bless You and I thank You. Jesus did for me what I never could have done for myself. Jesus rescued me by giving His life a ransom for mine. Jesus paid the penalty my sins deserved. He forgave and took my penalty. I am blessed and redeemed because of Jesus. Praise You Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment