Wednesday, August 12: 1Thessalonians 3- As I live so I pray you live.

Remembering yesterday’s devotion, I was struck by the final verse of the chapter. As Paul lived so he prayed for the Thessalonians to live.

Paul wrote that his life was marked by holiness, righteousness and blamelessness (see 2:10). Now he is praying that their lives be marked by the same qualities and characteristics. May he [that is their God and Father] strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones (13).

Paul truly believes that a life like this honors God, his Father, so it is quite natural that he wants the same God honoring life for his children in the faith.

This thought spoke to me. This thought spoke to me about integrity, consistency and lack of hypocrisy.

Integrity… seeking these qualities grows from a life in love with God, not for any selfish motives.

Consistency… what is good and right for Paul to do is good and right for any (every) Christ-follower to do.

Lack of hypocrisy… truth is truth, right is right, living for God is living for God; it is not a play acting game done for show or only when in public.

So my time in the word reinforces what I heard yesterday; a life of holiness, blamelessness, righteousness is a life that honors God. And that is how God would have us live.

Thank You, Lord, for reminding me again today that my life is a statement of whom I serve. Lord, help me to live for and honor You in all I do. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment