Saturday, August 22: Psalm 57- Be exalted, O God.

I am in a good place emotionally, spiritually, physically and relationally right now. Life is good and my heart really could not connect with the cries for mercy, vindication and salvation in the early part of the Psalm. But my heart did dance when it read the close of the Psalm.

My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth (7-11).

As I sit this morning, there is some intermittent rolling thunder and a steady downpour of rain outside. I imagine all of the plants dancing with joy; as this liquid gold falls from the sky and the gardens drinking in this nourishing meal. My heart felt that way as it soaked in David’s praise of the God Who watches over him.

I have experienced the watchful eye of God, caring, vindicating, and loving me.

This morning my heart sings praise to the Lord alongside David and his words of praise.

My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast in love for You; I will sing and praise You with my lips. My soul is awake, my heart delights in You!

As my day dawns, I praise you, Lord, Lord of heaven and earth, Lord over all the nations; I will shout Your name among the peoples of the earth. I will make Your greatness known. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment