Saturday, August 15: 2Thessalonians 1- I marveled.

To a church enduring suffering, Paul says God will make all things right when He judges the world at His return. As Paul is concluding this teaching, he makes a statement in verse 10 that caught my eye and heart.

They [those who do not know God] will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you (9-10).

When Jesus returns, which is what Paul is referring to, we, who love and follow God, will glorify and marvel at Jesus. The thought of marveling at Jesus hit me.

I try to know God. I spend time in the Word. I spend time with believers in life and in worship. I try to live for Jesus in this world. And, yet, when He comes, when I see Him face to face, I will marvel. And the same is true for all believers. We will all marvel when Jesus returns.

No matter who we are, no matter how well we get to know Jesus this side of eternity, when Jesus returns, we will marvel. We will be in awe. Jesus is so much ‘bigger’, more awesome and beyond what I can even imagine, that I will marvel when I see him.  Jesus is fully God and will no longer be confined to the earthly body He possessed during the 33 years He tabernacle among us (John 1:14).

Even though I know, I cannot truly understand.  I tried to imagined what Jesus will be like on that day He returns, when Jesus, my God and the Lord of all things, returns in all His eternal glory and splendor. Wow, what a day that will be!

What a wonderful day that will be for all who believe in Jesus. Do you believe in Jesus???

Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth thou has for me.

Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit Divine.

Yes, Lord, give me glimpses of You that will carry me faithfully through this life until I see You face to face. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment