Wednesday, August 26: Ephesians 3- God's marvelous plan for the Gentiles .

As soon as I opened this morning’s text, the title that the NIV editors put above chapter 3 grabbed my attention… “God’s marvelous plan for the Gentiles.”

God cared for the whole world. God cared and cares for all people. Yes, God had a special relationship with Israel for millennia; now through the Gospel, God’s special relationship is open to all. No longer is a special relationship with God built on bloodlines of human ancestry; now it is built on faith in Jesus Christ… through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus (6).

The words ‘in Christ’ are key, I thought. Faith in Jesus Christ is the key to the Gospel Paul and others preached.

And now we who live for Jesus today are bearers of this Gospel and we have a task to do. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms (10)… We are to declare God’s Gospel to this world and to God’s enemy in the heavenly realms.

OMG, I thought. God has placed all His chips on the church –you, me, all who believe in Jesus –to fulfill God’s desire to declare His amazing Gospel to the world!

I thought and prayed…

Lord, what is my role to help advance Your Gospel? How am I to help the Gospel advance?

Give… generously to Christ’s cause world wide, particularly to His Church.

Pray… marshal the forces of heaven to God’s causes. As Paul soon breaks into prayer for the Ephesians, I am to pray for believers around the world to be filled to play their part.

Go/Do… I cannot be an armchair participant. I still have life in these legs and strength in this voice. I need to be declaring myself…

OMG… God wants me in the battle!

Lord, I am honored to hear Your call and receive Your enlistment. Lead me, train me, send me, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment