Friday, September 11: Psalm 59- Who do you rely upon?.

In our ‘I rely on me, I did it my way’ age we are our greatest strength. But David presents another way of living… The way of reliance upon the Lord.

The Psalm opens, Deliver me from my enemies, O God; be my fortress against those who are attacking me (1). And from that point on David is calling upon the Lord to come and be his strength, his protector.

David lives life leaning on the Lord rather than on his strength, his smarts or his army.

I considered this as I meditated this morning…

Upon whom do I rely?  Is it all about me and what I can do or do I rely on God to have my back and be there for me when enemies assail me?

How about you? …

Lord, help me take this Psalm to heart… to do more than meditate and ponder but to bring it into my living. As it says elsewhere, some trust in chariots, some trust in horses, but I will trust in the Lord, my God.

May this be true of me. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment