Saturday, September 19: 1John 5- Whoever has the Son has life .

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. … Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life (1,10-12).

Whoever has the Son has life… this Word tethers me to my faith. I have life because I ‘have’ the Son, Jesus. I believe in Him. I worship and adore Him. I believe Jesus is the one and only Son of God who ‘tabernacled’ among us for a while. I believe Jesus is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. And by believing these things I believe I have been born again and been adopted into God’s family. I have been redeemed and made new by God’s grace and Jesus’ atonement on the cross.

I sat and marveled today about God’s Grace saving someone insignificant like me.  I sat and considered how blessed I am…

Then I thought I have a great responsibility to tell people about how wonderful Jesus is! God is sooooo good everyone needs to know.

Thank You, Lord God. Thank You for saving me, for giving me life in Jesus. Thank You for the rich heritage of the faith, for Your Word and the people who have lived by and with Your Word for millennia. May I be a faithful link in the chain of faith that stretches back in time to John and the other Apostles. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment