Friday, September 4: Philippians 1- Faith begets faith.

The influence of an example can be powerful.

I saw this in what Paul writes: Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear (12-14).

People have seen Paul’s boldness and effectiveness and it encourages them to be bold. People see the need.  Paul is not as free as he once was to proclaim the Gospel, so they step in and fill the gap.

Faith begets faith.

Iron sharpens iron.

A good example spurs on more good examples.

I began thinking… Who am I watching, learning from, and patterning my life after? Who are my examples?

How they live will affect how I live; this cuts both ways. Good examples can breed good behaviors and bad examples can breed bad behaviors.

Next I began wondering who is watching me? Who is patterning their lives after me? This led to the inevitable question. Am I a faith-filled, God-honoring, example?

How I live… how you live matters…

Think about it.

Lord, give me strength to be like Paul, a positive example for You and the advance of Your kingdom to the ends of the earth. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment