Monday, September 14: Psalm 61- The Lord my God.

David’s prayer caught me. My body sighed in rest and relief as his words and faith settled around me. I felt like I was nestled in the arms of my God. My heart/soul/body feasted on verses 3-4. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

God has been my refuge now for decades. Throughout my entire adult life I have known and delighted in the guiding of the Lord’s hand. He has led me places I never thought I would go. I have seen and experienced His wonder and been engaged in His bidding. I have met His people from many places of the world and they, like me, delight in the Lord.

I have served, prayed with and been blessed by African and Latin American brothers and sisters. I have sung choruses and hymns with German brethren and even though we didn’t understand each other language, there was a bond of brotherhood that is beyond description. God has opened my eyes to His work in the world and given me a small role to play.  I am blessed.

Like David I long to live in the Lord’s tent forever and I know I will when God calls me home to my eternity with Him.

So I sit this morning, relishing that God called me and saved me and loves me. I am His and He is mine. Alleluia… my heart is warm with love for the Lord.

Delighting in You Lord.  Praising You Lord with thoughts and words.  You are my God and I will serve You all the days You give me. Alleluia. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment