Friday, September 25: Revelation 3- God knows.

As I read these three letters, it hits me, “God knows!” The Lord says to all three of the churches, “I know your deeds…” (1, 8, 15). Those words smacked me. God knows!

God knows what I am doing and not doing. God knows what I am thinking.

The fact that God knows Laodicea is neither hot not cold (15) shows me that He knows intentions behind their actions! God knows my intentions as well as my actions. God knows…

I let that truth roll around and turn over and over in my thoughts.

I cannot hide from God what I am thinking or doing. I might be able to keep some things a secret from other people, but never from God.

Even though God knows, He still loves me. This is the facet of the truth that really blows me away. God knows my faults, sins, woundings, willful disobediences and He still loves me.

Even though it is a bit scary to be reminded that God knows, the comfort of His love for me, even though He knows, gives me great, GREAT comfort.

Thank You, Lord, God, for loving me. I am glad that You know. I don’t have to try to hide from You and I am loved for who I am, not some pretend façade I construct. Praise be to You Lord, God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment