Tuesday, September 29: Revelation 6- How different the reactions.

Stark contrast… that’s what I thought.

When the Lamb opened the 5th seal, those who had died as martyrs for the faith greeted the Lord by name and asked how long.  The Lamb blessed them with white robes and told them they would have to wait a little longer. It is a poignant scene. Those who have loved the Lord in life speak with Him honestly and listen respectively. They are clothed with honor for their new life to come (9-11).

But when the next seal is opened and the terrors of God begin to fall on what is left of humanity on earth. People, whether kings or paupers, run and hide fearing the day of wrath coming from the Lamb.

Connection, conversation, respect and honor fill one scene and one group of people. Fear, hiding and running characterize the other.

What differentiates these two groups of people? Faith, belief and confession of their faith and belief in the Lamb before others is the difference. One group loves and serves the Lord and the other does not.

I have staked my future on the Lamb, have you?

Jesus, I am Yours. Use me to spread Your name and Your fame across the earth. And, Lord, if the path You have for me is martyrdom, I pray that I may accept that road with total trust in You like my sisters and brothers mentioned with the opening of the 5th seal.

All to Jesus I surrender… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment