Friday, June 29: 2Corinthians 10- Standards.

My thoughts and meditations were drawn to ending thought in verse 2. I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world (2).

Paul's baseline is that we, Christ-followers, do not live by the standard of this world.

We are to live differently. We measure living, success, 'the good life,' by standards different than people who are not Christ followers.

But do I live by a different standard? This question plagues me. Do I? Do You live by a different standard, God's standard?

I find myself thinking through various aspects of my life… and I see as many standards similar to the world as I see distinctive standards? Have I capitulated?

My time with the Lord is filled with self-examination.

Lord, it is so easy to be sucked into living as the world lives. I am inundated by the world's thinking, values, examples, and there are times I cannot even tell where I have been infected? Over and over the OT people of God found themselves worshipping Baals… they slipped to the world's standards. Paul wrote this letter reminding the Corinthians that they had slipped down to the world's standards. Through them I am being reminded that I to slip to following the world's standards. Oh, God, forgive me and help me rise above to follow Your standards. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment