Monday, June 18: 1Corinthians 16- Do everything in love. .

It was only a few days ago I read the wonderful "love" chapter. I remember it was a rich and full morning contemplating the importance of love. I think my heart is still primed by those contemplations. So today, as I read Paul's closing words to his letter, verse 14 burrowed directly into me. Do everything in love.

How important is love? The most. Do everything in love.

Not some things or most things but do everything in love. This is an all-encompassing directive.

Greet your neighbor in love.

Do your grocery shopping in love.

Speak with your boss/coworker/subordinate in love. And remember this stands when you are angry, tired, happy or perplexed. No matter how you are feeling speak in love.

Fire someone in love; discipline in love. "Everything" is endless. It includes the things I like to do and the things I loathe to do.

Do everything in love.

I am wondering where life will take me today and all my todays. Everywhere life takes me is a place to love.

Lord, I know I cannot do this on my own. I can only do this in Your strength. Thank You for living inside of me. Help me to listen and obey as You lead me in doing everything in love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment