Wednesday, June 13: 1Corinthians 12- .

Being part of a body… it is a life giving concept. I am needed. I am necessary. The church is not a one person or few persons' show. The church is everybody, doing what they have been gifted by God to do. And every part is important, every part is needed… every part.

God is making a huge statement in this chapter. His design is that everyone is critical to the mission of being the body of Christ… everyone.

Now comes the personal questions. Am I filling the roles I was designed to fill? Are you who is reading this?

As a pastor I can be tempted to answer yes too quickly. Yes, I am fulfilling certain pastoral functions, but what I need to query is, are there other gifts/functions/ways the Lord wants me active in the life of His church? This is a question we all need to be answering. Am I doing all God would have me do in His body?

Lord God, show me the things You have for me to do in Your church. Help me to be the best body parts I can be for Your glory and the success of the church's mission to take the name of Jesus to the ends of the earth. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment