Thursday, June 21: 2Corinthians 3- The gospel according to YOU.

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone (1-2).

Immediately as I began reading the idea of being someone's letter of commendation grabbed hold of me. And I was reminded of a poem I ran across years ago.

You are writing a gospel, a chapter each day.

By deeds that you do, by words that you say

Men read what you write, whether faithless or true.

Say, What is this gospel according to you?

 

Men read and admire the Gospel of Christ.

With its love so unfailing and true:

But what do they say, and what do they think

Of the gospel according to you?

 

Tis a wonderful story, that Gospel of love,

As it shines in the Christ-life divine,

And oh, that its truth might be told again

In the story of your life and mine!

 

You are writing each day a letter to men;

Take care that your writing is true.

'Tis the only gospel some men will read,

This gospel according to you.

The poem caused me to consider how well my life mirrored the true gospel of Jesus Christ

Lord, may my life point people to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment