Wednesday, June 20: 2Corinthians 2- Aroma of Christ.

Smell, we are told, is the fastest sense to recall memory. This thought about the fast access scent has to memory came to mind as I read Paul's admonition that we are the aroma of Christ in verses 14-15. But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing (14-15).

God... uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere… The aroma of Christ, what an interesting word picture. Growing up my mom was a great cook; when I would come in from playing the house was filled with the aroma of whatever she was cooking that day. Simply walking in the house I was engulfed by the smells of dinner cooking. It filled every nook and cranny of the house, and was delightful. Those are wonderful memories.

I have experienced a similar delight walking into the church sanctuary on Easter when multitudes of beautiful and aromatic flowers adorn the sanctuary.

A pleasant aroma delights and lifts life.

We are to be the aroma of Christ filling the world with His aroma! What an interesting thought. As I live, I am to fill the world around me with Jesus' aroma.

The word 'aroma' leaves me with thoughts of pleasant smells. What can I do, how can I live so that the pleasant smells of Jesus wafts in my wake?

I loved coming home to my house filled with the aroma of dinner. I love entering the church sanctuary filled with the aroma of flowers on Easter. How can I live so that people long to enter and enjoy the pleasantness of Jesus aroma experienced though my faithful living?

Lord, may I live so faithfully to You that people see and meet Jesus in my living. I pray this in His name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment