Monday, July 9: Proverbs 5- Warning against adultery.

The title of the chapter gives away its content, "Warning Against Adultery." The entire chapter hammers home the dangers and snares of adultery.

I found myself thinking about the ministries, pastorates and denominational scandals brought on by adultery and elicit sexual activities. Add to that, the stories surfacing through the #MeToo movement and it becomes clear how pernicious elicit sex can be, whether adultery or other.

For me cultivating my love for the wife of my youth is my best defense. Love and fulfillment in marriage coupled with deep friendship with my wife is a safety net that helps guard my heart and my life. Constantly remembering that my ways are in full view of the LORD (21) helps, too.

Lord, I thank You for the gift of my wife. She has been a gift in so many ways… her faith in You, her love, wisdom, character and heart have all been gifts. I am so blessed. Thank You, Lord.

Please bless my wife and give me creative wisdom to know how to express my love for her in ways that bring her joy. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment