Saturday, July 21: Proverbs 16- Our words.

Many themes fill the pages of proverbs. Today I was captured by verse 28 and the power that our words carry to advance good or stir evil.

A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends.

Words carry immense power. They can obliterate like a nuclear bomb or inspire like a great work of art. Most words fall somewhere in between these extremes.

This proverb is inviting me to consider my words, how I use them and what effect they have on others…

Every time I ready my tongue to speak I have a choice to make, curse or bless, inspire or destroy, harm or help.

Take heed, before you next speak…

Lord, at Your inspiration, James reminds his readers how difficult it is to t'ame one's tongue (James 3). Still I pray, help me to bridal my tongue that it might speak life and not death. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment