Wednesday, July 25: Proverbs 19- A gentle reminder.

Verse 23: The fear of the LORD leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Over and over the 'fear of the Lord' pops up in Proverbs. Generally it is describes as bringing wisdom or understanding. Verse 23 is a twist on the usual, which is probably why it caught my attention.

Living wisely, living with understanding of God's way does bring life. The author is correct. When you live within the law of God there is no looking over one's shoulder to see if someone is out to catch you in some wrong you have committed. Your conscience is clear because you actions are pure. Living like this, a person can rest at night and live during the day.

Sitting here I realize how far I am from living this way. Often my anxieties in life stem from occasions when I have not lived with the appropriate fear of the Lord. Instead I allowed my motivations come from other pressures and influences. I hate to admit this to myself…

This proverb is a reminder I have many areas of growth remaining…

Lord, it is good to realize that there are benefits to living Your way. My world tells me otherwise and tells me otherwise constantly. Thank You for this word from Your heart, a healthy reminder that living according to Your will and way has blessings and benefits in this life as well as the next. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment