Friday, June 10: Job 25- And.

Bildad’s words are few enough that I could print his entire response. Then Bildad the Shuhite replied: "Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven. Can his forces be numbered? Upon whom does his light not rise? How then can a man be righteous before God? How can one born of woman be pure? If even the moon is not bright and the stars are not pure in his eyes, how much less man, who is but a maggot-- a son of man, who is only a worm!" (1-6).

My response to his words, true as they are, was simply, “And?!…” And what am I to do about this? I am left with an utter sense of puny-ness. My thoughts and heart shouted, “Yes, I know I cannot be righteous before God. I will never be pure… I know, I know… what can I do about it??!!!”

If I thought this was God’s last word I would be left in despair.  However, thanks be to God this is precisely why Jesus came, lived, taught, died in my place and rose again.

God has already written the ‘and’… it is called ‘The Gospel’… the message of Good News found through faith (believing) in Jesus!

Praise be to the God of the “and” who solved my worst dilemma by sending His Son Jesus to die in my place, paying the price for my sins, failures, impurity, and unrighteousness.  And even more by giving me His perfect righteousness. All this simply by grace through faith… thanks be to God for Jesus! Amen. Amen.

 

PS… I hope you believe in Jesus. If you still have questions, ask away. Hopefully I can answer some for them for you…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment