Friday, June 17: Job 31- Give me a reason.

 

 “Give me a reason, God, give me a reason.” Who hasn’t thought or wondered that?

“Why am I suffering? I mean I’m a pretty good guy, why is this happening to me?” Who hasn’t thought or wondered that?

Sometimes we ask these questions with other people in mind, “Why is he/she/them suffering? Why? Just answer me, why, God, why?” Who hasn’t asked God why this or that was happening to other people?

Job makes his defense citing his good deeds, believing that God will surely have to justify him and answer him. But no answer comes, at least not yet.

Sometimes God lets us wait for His reply. Waiting, at least for me, is not easy. But there is nothing Job or I can do when God chooses to be silent.

Lord, give me patience to wait… to wait when You are silent… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment