Saturday, June 4: Job 20-

Wow, not much here that is uplifting to the soul, nothing here to get an aching heart through another day. No grace, no mercy, no rainbow on a dreary rainy day.

Apparently Zophar was righteous, blameless and good. I wonder how good a person had to be? I mean did a little slip up garner the wrath of God or did it have to be a major play against God or people that warranted God’s punishment? I mean really, I have had plenty of slipups. I just don’t know where to put them on Zophar’s scale. Should I be looking over my shoulder for the coming wrath of God on my life? What a way to live!  My gut says that in those honest moments of introspection my world would not be good and the fear of God’s slaying hand would rob me of sleep.

I am so thankful that I do not need to live that way. That God’s love has reached me, that mercy and grace fill and flood my life, and although I sin (and I do not take my sin lightly or flippantly), Jesus paid the penalty my sins require.

I know I am not perfect, however, that is not an excuse to let myself go and sin wildly. But I also know I have a Redeemer who died for me and who gave me His righteousness in exchange for taking my sins upon himself. Blessed be Jesus,  the Lamb of God who took away my sins!

Lord, I am grateful that I am a son of the New Covenant, that Jesus’ atoning death has covered my sins… and that through Jesus I have crossed over from death to life. Alleluia. I will sing of this today in my heart and I will sing of this tomorrow with my mouth in worship. Alleluia, Jesus is risen, my sins are forgiven and I will live forever with him,  my Savior and my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment