Saturday, June 11: Job 26- Look in the mirror; look in the sky.

I found myself reading as if Job was speaking directly to me…

Two movements, two act, one piercing morning with God.

First introspection: what have I done to alleviate pain? Who have I helped? What great wisdom have I passed along to someone? I found myself answering “no one or not really” to each question. The result of which was to be spiritually undressed, spiritually naked before the mirror of myself.

Before I could even process my introspection, the scene shifted. Act two: Outside standing within God’s magnificent creation. Look at what God has done and does.  The clouds move at His will, death and destruction answer to Him, and so this act continues refrain upon building refrain, the overall effect increasing exponentially until the crescendo itself. And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power? (14).

I am left now spiritually naked before myself and before the God who made everything. The chasm is greater than words can describe. I am not God.  It is ludicrous, and probably idolatrous,  even to contemplate thoughts that I am on par with God.

I am put in my place and yet, I am awed by the truth that God who stands so far apart from me loves me, cares for me and seeks to have a connection, a relationship, with me.

Reverence, joy and honor for God bubble up in me like uncorked champagne. I am left with only one response… praising the God, my God- Three in One…

All glory laud and honor to thee redeemer king…

Praise to the Lord the Almighty the King of creations…

O for a thousand tongues to sing my great redeemer’s praise, the glories of my God and king, the triumph of his grace…

Crown him with many crowns, the lamb upon the throne…

And so my heart sings to You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, great God above all gods. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia… A-men!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment