Monday, June 27: Job 39- I belong to God.

God continues his interrogation of Job, quizzing Job about animal life, birds, bears, oxen, ostriches, eagles and hawks. What did you have to do with these, Job?

It was as if I immediately returned to my previous devotion. God is so far beyond me. I simply sat in awe of God this morning, amazed at His greatness and wonder, and honest about my limitedness.

Awe of God is a good reaction… it leads me to reverence… adoration… and submission…

Lord God Almighty, I belong to You. I fall on my knees before You. I will follow and obey You. I will go where You direct me to go, do what You ask me to do. I pledge myself anew to live as You would have me live.

Help me to be more and more attentive to the leading of the Holy Spirit as I seek to emulate Jesus in my living. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment