Monday, June 13: Job 27- A bit too puffed up

Job’s discourse (rant) continues… a little too self-righteous is he. It is one thing to maintain one’s integrity and I commend Job for this. However, the tenor in this chapter is of one who is perfectly righteous, therefore God has erred in striking him. This is where my sensitivities bristle and the counsel of Scripture warns me. Righteous, though Job be, no one, Job included, is perfect. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, reads Romans 3:23. And Romans 6:23 adds, the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. When you add up that equation, we are all in trouble and all deserve death.

Jesus is the only solution to our sin problem. Faith in Jesus is the only surety in God’s presence. I will put my trust and faith in Jesus, rather than my goodness or my righteousness. How about you?

Think about it…

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever. Spirit, Father, Jesus, thank You for life and mercy and grace. I stand in awe of You and Your love for me and the world. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment