Friday, November 16: Zephaniah 1- God's Word.

Well, this is not exactly a feel good chapter. God seems angry and punishment is coming on Judah.

Israel has already faced the wrath of the Lord. Judah will soon taste the same.

We don’t know exactly when this prophecy came during Josiah’s reign. But I find it interesting that Josiah was one of the few good/faithful kings of Judah and the last faithful one as well. About 20 years after Josiah, the words of this prophecy came true as God judged Judah.

It struck me… we better take God at His Word. We don’t know when, but we do know that God will fulfill His Word!

I wonder how the people of Judah received this word from Zephaniah? Given that Josiah was a faithful king, he likely listened. But the kings that followed him did not. It is so easy to dismiss the Word of God.

My last sentence strikes a blow to my heart. Do I dismiss God’s Word? 66 books of the Bible are God’s written Word. Do I honor it, learn it and most importantly live according to it? If I do not, then I am no different than the people of Judah and God judged them for it.

How about you, do you dismiss God’s Word? Think about it…

Lord, may Your Word fill me, direct me and change me to live as You would have a person life. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment