Saturday, November 24: Zechariah 3- Hearing God's voice.

The scene captivated me.  Joshua stood there with Satan accusing and God defending. It seems like a good metaphor for life.  Satan on one side accusing me, baiting me, trying to lead me any way but toward faithfulness. And then there is God or his representative, offering me God’s Way, 'If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you will…’ (7).

This battle depicted rages around me all the time. Satan luring me to move away from the Lord or accusing me, wanting me to feel guilty and ashamed.  Then there is God, calling me to His side, offering forgiveness and cleansing.

I began to ponder how I can resist Satan’s voice and respond to the Lord’s Voice. Maybe the most important step is to learn God’s Voice. For me, knowing what God has said in the Bible is really helpful because God’s Voice to me will always accord with the Bible. By learning God’s Word, I also know when Satan is trying to lure me away from God’s Way.

For me God’s Word is key in recognizing whether God or Satan is the voice I am hearing. How about you? Is God’s Word a foundation for you as well???

Oh God, thank You for giving us Your Word. Help me to treasure it for the gift it is. Thank You for Your Word, Lord. Thank You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment