Tuesday, November 13: Habakkuk 1 -Wondering .

I found myself wondering quite a bit as I read and reread this chapter. I found myself wondering about what it would be like to have a conversation with God like Habakkuk did. To ask deep questions and receive answers that are deeper still.

I wondered what it must have been like for Habakkuk who couldn’t stand the evil things he was seeing and kept crying out to God…

I wondered what bewilderment must have befallen him when he learned that God was going to judge His people by using a wicked and ornery people, the Babylonians.

One thing became clear… God has His Ways and knows what He is doing. And especially when God’s Ways lead to more wondering than answers, mine (ours) is to obey –continue wondering if need be, but obey.

Obedience, the call of the believer…

Lord, help me to obey… You, Your Word and Your Will, even when I don’t understand. Even when I am left wondering at the things happening in my world and around me, help me to surrender to You and obey. This is my prayer, Lord Jesus… Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment