Thursday, November 8: Micah 7 - The mercies of God.

My day is discombobulated; a very early meeting meant that my usual start to the day didn’t happen. It took till mid-afternoon for me to carve out time for God and His Word. Days like this happen.

In my moments of stillness, I sit surrounded by praise music… shutting out the world so that I can be with the Lord. Chapter seven starts off as a downer, ‘Israel’s Misery’ the NIV title reads. And it was misery to read about the way they were living!

But the sour note doesn’t ring forever. The chapter and book closes with promise. Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. You will be true to Jacob, and show mercy to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our fathers in days long ago (18-20).

Who is this God who forgives?! It is the Lord, strong and mighty. God doesn’t stay angry at us forever. Compassion will shine on us again. Alleluia.

I sit under the weight of His glory and love. …

Thank You, Oh Lord, that You do not hold my sins against me forever… that You forgive and show compassion on me. I don’t deserve Your love, yet it comes…

So I sit for these moments today, in the midst of a busy crazy day, and as soon as I turn toward You, You rush to me. Praise you, Lord, praise You.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment