Wednesday, November 7: Micah 6 - What do I need to do?.

I suspect that most of us at some point in out lives wonder how God wants us to live to stay on His good side. Micah wondered this out loud in verses 6-8. With what shall I come before the LORD and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Should we make some kind of heartfelt sacrifice? Is that what God wants? After giving a hearty ‘NO’, Micah gives a 14-word answer.

To act justly and

to love mercy and

to walk humbly with your God.

I sat letting those three facets sink in.

I could write about the places my thoughts went as I pondered… acting justly, loving mercy and walking humbly with my God… but I decided that I would invite you to do your own pondering…

Lord, show me, show us, real life ways that we can live out Micah 6:8. Show me who needs me to act with justice. Show me who needs my mercy. Reveal to me what walking humbly with You means for my life. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment