Monday, November 5: Micah 4 - A day is coming.

There is a day coming when the war-crazed mania of our world will come to an end and peace will reign. Micah announces that day with these images: God will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore (3).

That day makes me sigh, hoping.

So much war, so much violence, so many, many threats, our world just keeps fighting. Country against country, civil wars, genocides, terrorism, skirmishes, murders…

I slide my eyes back to Micah’s announcement. What a day that will be! Will I see it? I don’t know. God’s voice says to me, “But you can work toward it.”

I realize that ultimately the peace Micah’s announces can only be brought about by God, but I can put my labors into things that God honors and delights in and thereby be an agent for God’s good in God’s world!

Hmmm…

Lord, how can I best be about Your desires? What would You have me do?  Specifically, what would You have me do? Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment