Tuesday, November 20: Haggai 1 - Give careful thought to your ways.

Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways” (5).

God’s message shot through me like an arrow: "Give careful thought to your ways.” I realize it was spoken to a specific people over two centuries ago, still it grabbed me! It seems so appropriate.

Am I carefully building my life, my reputation, my faith, my family?… so the circles of thought swirled in my head. "Give careful thought to your ways.”

I find myself pondering ‘my ways.’

As I ponder, I realize that I can measure and evaluate ‘my ways’ according to the ways of my world or the ways of my Lord. And I come up with very different answers when laid against those to backdrops…

Lord, as I meditate on Your Word for today help me to use Your Ways as the plumb line for evaluating my ways. Lord, I want to stay in line with You! Thank You for the reminder, today, that careful thought is important for faith-filled living. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment