Monday, November 12: Naham 3 - Reaping what you sow.

God is not kidding around! Nineveh’s future is certain. The chapter rolls on like an excavator flattening the land.

I wondered as I read.  Was she really that bad? Did she deserve this fate?

Then came the final verse. Nothing can heal your wound; your injury is fatal. Everyone who hears the news about you claps his hands at your fall, for who has not felt your endless cruelty?  (19).

My eyes clamped on the final seven words, for who has not felt your endless cruelty? Nineveh was a despotic conqueror and ruler. What she had sowed, she now reaped!

I began to think about life in general. Very often that is the case, what we sow we reap. I began to run through various areas of my life asking myself what I am sowing…

In my family…

With my time…

Am I faithful to God and others?

What do I sow with my finances and resources?

How about friendliness?

Joyfulness?

And so my meditations went. In some areas my thoughts were broad, others I drilled deep. What am I sowing with my life? In many ways it will give me a glimpse into what I could anticipate reaping…

What are you finding as you ponder your life???

Lord, in some places my ‘garden’ is rich and full but others are sparse and barren.  I haven’t given the attention I should. Help me to tend to my whole life, bringing all of it into harmony with Your Will and Way. I pray through Jesus, my Lord. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment