Thursday, November 15: Habakkuk 3 - God will save me.

I am not the best with poetry. The chapter is a poem of God’s saving strength and grace. My heart clung to the closing lines, where Habakkuk strikes his final chord.

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,

   I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

   he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

   he enables me to go on the heights (18-19).

Habakkuk reaches down deep into his life… his hope, his foundation, his stability for life is the Lord God, his Savior.

I began thinking about my foundation and hope in life. Is it God or something from this world?

It is so easy to erect foundations other than the Lord….our leaders, our army, our wisdom, our strength, our smarts, our job, our this and that.

Is God really the foundation, hope and stability of my life? This is the question I found myself pondering this morning in my quiet moments before the rush of the day descended…

O Lord, I pray that I can sing with Habakkuk:

I will rejoice in You, O LORD,

   I will be joyful in You, my God my Savior.

You, Oh LORD, are my strength;

   You make my feet like the feet of a deer,

   You enable me to go on the heights.

You, Oh Lord, are my strength and my song. And I will always sing Your praise. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment