Monday, November 26: Zechariah 4 - We need more than wisdom and power.

In the center of this prophetic chapter, which has numerous connections to the book of Revelations, sits a thought provoking sentence. Verse 6: So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Zerubbabel, how will you accomplish what God has for you to do? 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty. That word shot like an arrow into my life.

How will I do the kingdom-things God has for me to do? Not by might nor by power, but by the Lord’s Spirit. That is God’s Word to me today.

The things God has for me (and you) to do, whether in the marketplace, home, community, or church, will be accomplished only through the presence and power of God’s Spirit in our lives. Human wisdom and power can only take us so far and they are never enough to have us accomplish what God has for us to do.

God’s Spirit, God in us, the Holy Spirit is essential to do the things of God. It is no coincidence that God told the church to wait until He poured out His Holy Spirit on them and sent them into the world with the message of Jesus. Acts 2 is essential for Acts 3-28! And the Spirit remains essential if we are to go throughout all the world in the name of Jesus.

Father God, thank You for giving to every believer in Jesus, the promised Holy Spirit. Help me, help us to rely on the Spirit as we spread Your kingdom throughout the marketplace, home, community and world. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment