Monday, November 19: Zephaniah 3 - On 'that' day.

Today’s chapter sings of ‘that’ day… the day when God will set things right for Jerusalem. On that day, God will save His people, quiet them with his love, and rejoice over them (17). On that day, God will rescue the lame, gather the scattered, and give praise to those who were shamed (19). On that day, God will gather them, bring them home, give them honor and praise among the nations, and restore their fortunes (20).

That will be quite a day for God’s faithful.

I looked back over what God was going to do for His people. I focused on the verbs.  It is a comforting list. God will totally take care of them.

I pondered these things.  That day must be the end of time day when God will establish His kingdom forever.

Hey, that day speaks to me as well, for I, too, am one of God’s children through faith in Jesus.

What a day, what a wonderful day that will be…

Oh Lord, strengthen my faith to hold on until that day. Oh Lord, give me wisdom to live for You until that day. Send Your Spirit, Lord, that I might live for You until that day. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment