Tuesday, November 6: Micah 5 - A glimpse of Jesus.

 

One of the famous prophecies about Jesus is in this chapter. Micah 5:2: "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times." What fascinated me were the next two verse which continued,  Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor gives birth and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites. He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.

The birth imagery of verse 3 reminded me of Isaiah’s prophecy about a virgin giving birth. Isaiah and Micah were contemporary prophets…. Hmmm.

And verse 4, with its shepherd imagery, connected me with Jesus as the Good Shepherd (John 10) and other Jesus-as-Shepherd connections in Scripture like Psalm 23.

I found myself thinking about Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.  Jesus, God’s Shepherd watching over me.  Jesus the final and ultimate ruler, King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

 What a blessed time in God’s Word this morning, meditating on my Savior, Jesus.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, greatest name I know… my Savior, Redeemer, Lord of All.

Thank you, Jesus, for saving me… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment