Tuesday, October 30: Acts 27 - Every day is a day to honor God.

This chapter reads like an adventure novel, shipwreck and all. Aside from Paul’s angelic word from God, there is little overt God-stuff in this chapter. This got me thinking…

Just because God isn’t mentioned specifically, does not mean God is not active. Truth is God’s fingerprint every day. His sovereignty is at work every day whether He is specifically seen or not. God was just as much a part of the early harbor to harbor sail as He was in seeing all 276 people to shore safely in the storm.

My thoughts circled again… even in the mundane things of life, God is there.

The more I ponder this chapter, the more I settle on a profound (for me anyway) thought. Every moment of every day is an opportunity for me to live for God and God’s Honor. Paul is not preaching, teaching, or healing. He is a prisoner being transported with others to Rome. Days aboard ship were likely painstakingly boring or uncomfortable. And yet these days were God ordained just as much as any preaching, teaching or writing days of his life.

Many of my days are filled with mundane… house, family, etc…obligations. They don’t feel particularly religious or spiritual or even special. And yet each day offers me 24 hours to live faithfully and thus honor God with my living.

This thought inspires me…

Lord, I offer to You my today… the next 24 hours. I pray that I will honor You with my living, no matter  what fills those 24 hours. To You be the honor and glory… Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment